Summer Analysts join us for 10 weeks starting in June or July, and are placed into a specific development, engineering or business analyst team. These programs are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience of what it’s like to be a technologist for a top financial Firm.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley, followed by direct placement into their teams. In addition to working on a live project, program highlights include senior management networking events, technical demonstrations, team-building opportunities and participation in the Firm’s community service initiatives.
- Development Teams: Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
- Enterprise Engineering Teams: Our platform-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for enterprise engineers in our organizations.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date after October 2022.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- You possess excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
- Development/Enterprise Engineering: You must be studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors. Superior technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, excellent competency in at least one programming language (e.g., C, C++, Java or C#), as well as strong knowledge of object-oriented development, data structures, algorithms and complexity theory are required; with preference in strong database and scripting skills.
- Fluency in English is required, with preference in additional Japanese fluency.
Students must apply online by September 26, 2021 to be considered.