During this approximately 10-week program, Summer Analysts are rotated through sectors: Consumer, Energy, Utilities, Financials, Healthcare, Industrials, Materials, Media, Telecommunication or Technology. The placements are made based on the needs of the department and the skill set of the candidate.
The Summer Analyst Program begins with a training and development curriculum that covers the fundamental and professional skills you need for success in Equity Research. After a brief training period, Summer Analysts will be assigned to a specific industry group, building a foundation in the basic skills of fundamental analysis, accounting and valuation. There will be networking opportunities and ongoing training throughout the program.
- Gather and analyze industry data to develop an industry-specific vision.
- Update and build financial models on the companies and industry you follow.
- Analyze emerging trends in an industry or macro economy.
- Assess relative stock valuations and review findings with your team.
- Build relationships within Sales & Trading and Research.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date after October 2022.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You have basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance.
- You are analytical, adaptive, possess an excellent work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
- You possess proficient oral and written communication skills.
Native level Japanese and strong English
Students must apply online by September 26, 2021 to be considered.