The Investment Management Summer Analyst/Associate Program is an approximately 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts/Associates experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst/Associate. IM’s Real Estate Investing (REI) team offers the opportunity to learn from a leading global real estate investment platform that manages opportunistic and core investment strategies.
This intensive program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division-specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by senior executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and senior colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
- Help execute business development initiatives
- Work on several deal teams and gain exposure to senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest real estate companies
- Conduct market and financial due diligence on various real estate opportunities
- Participate in transactions from the principal or private equity perspective on behalf of proprietary real estate investment funds, including North Haven opportunistic funds and the Prime Property Fund
- Conduct investment underwriting, transaction execution, and create presentations regarding investment opportunities
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date after October 2022.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across REI and the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraint
- Proficiency in Excel, and experience with Argus modeling and presentations preferred
- Fluency in Japanese and English is required.
Students must apply online by September 26, 2021 to be considered.