Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
The Summer Associate Program is designed to expose graduate students to how business is run in the investment banking industry. The Program generally begins in June or July, allowing students to experience actual business duties in the span of several weeks. Students will be assigned to a specific group and will work on assignments ranging from industry analysis to analytical work. Successful Summer Associates may receive a Full-time Associate offer after graduating from their Program.
Summer Associates will receive both Firmwide and Investment Banking Division (IBD)-specific training, and will interact with other Summer Associates participating in different programs. The training program consists of business-specific content, compliance issues and networking.
Your projects may involve a merger, an IPO or financing a new venture. You may participate in a competitive auction process to divest a business, identify potential strategic acquisition targets, organize a road show for potential investors in a major new equity offering or advise your team on how to tackle a complex piece of analysis. The role and responsibilities vary by department and may include:
- Assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions and/or M&A transactions.
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- You must be a graduate student with a graduation date after October 2022, preferably with a concentration in finance.
- You have at least two years of business experience.
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in both English and Japanese.
- You are analytical, quantitative, insightful, adaptive, a quick learner, a leader, a team player, a multi-tasker and possess strong work ethics and a positive attitude.
- You are motivated to succeed in the investment banking industry.
Students must apply online by September 26, 2021 to be considered.