Morgan Stanley recently announced the launch of “Alliance 2.0” – an enhanced Global Strategic Alliance for further collaboration between Morgan Stanley and MUFG for the next decade and beyond. This is a true testament of our commitment to the Japanese market.
Given the business opportunities presented by Alliance 2.0, the Morgan Stanley Japan Operations team is expanding in Tokyo and Osaka. We are looking for individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity to lead with exceptional ideas. Regardless of language, gender, industry – we are keen to speak to you.
What does Operations do?
In our capacity of providing support to the business, the Operations team is responsible for quick and accurate verification and matching of the large volume of executed transactions daily, which includes equities, fixed income and derivatives. We conduct fund and securities settlements, and reflect them in financial statements. We also collaborate closely with other departments to provide value-added services to our customers, analyze risk, work to meet regulations and enhance systems for better processing and control.
Read more about Japan Operations here (This page is only available in Japanese)
Who are we looking for?
As a member of the global team, we are looking for people who value teamwork and have strong professionalism and communication skills.
- Enjoy working closely with internal colleagues across Sales & Trading, Finance, Legal and Technology, as well as external clients, custodians and regulatory bodies
- Want to gain understanding about how an investment bank operates across various businesses
- Want to develop into an Operations specialist and become an impactful investment bank professional
- Enjoy working with talented professionals from diverse backgrounds around the globe
Why should you consider joining Morgan Stanley?
- Take up a role that offers you international exposure, career progression and dynamic work environment
- Be part of expanding offices and become an influential member of the office culture
- Be exposed to multiple career opportunities while working for one of the largest on-shore Operations team in Japan
- Learn about different groups and functions within Operations through training opportunities
How can I learn more?
Sign up for Morgan Stanley Japan Operations Career Forum 2023 to learn more about our Operations Division here. The Forum will take place on October 26, 2023.
Why should you attend the event?
- Explore – Hear more about our growth in Tokyo and Osaka
- Gain Insight – Find out what the day-to-day work at Morgan Stanley Operations entails and how critical the team is to business efficiency and our clients
- Connect – Engage with our people about their experience in dealing with all parts of the business and handling risk and control functions
- Be Inspired – Hear from our professionals about how they transited into Operations from other professions and grew to become a subject matter expert at Morgan Stanley
|Morgan Stanley Japan Introduction & Alliance 2.0
Head of Alliance Management and Monitoring Office, Morgan Stanley Japan Holdings
|Morgan Stanley Japan Operations
Head of Japan Operations
|Morgan Stanley Equity Operations Panel
Head of Japan ISG Equity Operations
|Spotlight on Osaka
Head of Japan Shared Services and Banking Operations & Head of Osaka Office
|Morgan Stanley Operations Professionals
|Closing Remarks (for those in-person)
For more information about the event, contact Morgan Stanley Japan Recruiting at email@example.com.
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2023
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. (JST)
Format: Hybrid (Virtual & In-person)
Target Audience: Early careers or experienced professionals interested in joining our Operations Division in Tokyo and Osaka (prior finance or operations experience not necessary)
* Participants with varying levels of fluency in Japanese and/or English will be considered.
Event Language: Bilingual (supplemented with English for networking sessions)
Registration: Please register for the event here by October 22, 2023.
* This event is free of charge. Due to limited capacity, this event is by invitation only.
** You will be notified with event details by October 24, 2023 via the email address used when you registered.