Morgan Stanley Capital K.K.
Morgan Stanley’s long-standing commitment to safeguard the privacy of information entrusted to us is essential. Protecting the confidentiality and security of personal information has always been an integral part of how we conduct our business.
We pledge to ensure our business practices protect your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information that we obtain or handle in Japan.
As a business operator handling personal information (as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Personal Information Protection Act”)), Morgan Stanley Capital K.K. makes this statement in respect of its basic policies concerning the protection of personal information of (1) its clients and (2) other persons involved in our business (hereinafter collectively “you” or “your” depending on the context).
- Where it is necessary for us to obtain personal information, we will only do so by lawful and fair means.
- Unless otherwise agreed to between you and us or in exceptional circumstances (but always in compliance with paragraph 1 above), we will only use your personal information within the scope of achieving the following purposes:
- for the purpose in connection with the Type II Financial Instruments and Exchange business and Investment Advisory business, and those associated businesses;
- for the purpose in connection with real estate asset management business and its associated business;
- for the purpose in connection with Private Equity Investment Business and its associated business;
- for any other purposes in connection with side business of Morgan Stanley Capital K.K.; and
- for any other purposes in connection with the above purposes to enable Morgan Stanley group including us to adequately and smoothly provide services to you.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, with regard to your individual number and specified personal information (hereinafter “specified personal information, etc.”), we will only use such information within the scope of achieving the following purposes:
- for processing the affairs of preparation and provision of statutory documents regarding financial instruments transactions and provision to transfer institutions in relation to financial instruments transactions;
- for processing the affairs of preparation and submission of payment records regarding the payment of remuneration, fees, contract money, awards or other considerations for services or rights, the payment of rent, etc. or consideration for transfer of real estates, etc.;
- C.for processing the affairs of preparation of withholding records of employment income (including retirement income), preparation of salary payment reports, submission of reports of exemption for dependents, etc., and other affairs related to tax withholding, the affairs of submission of reports, etc. on property accumulation housing savings and property accumulation pension savings, etc., and the affairs of notification and application related to health insurance, employees’ pension insurance, employment insurance and other social or labor insurances or pensions; and
- for preparation and submission of other statutory records or documents on which an individual number is required to be written under provisions of laws and regulations.
- We will not obtain from you, use, or provide to a third party, information regarding political view, religion (faith, consciousness and lineage), affiliation of labour union, race and ethnicity, domicile of origin, healthcare and sexual life or criminal records (“sensitive information”) except for our proper business management or any other purposes deemed necessary by law.
- We may, in whole or in part, share your personal information (excluding specified personal information, etc.) with our affiliated companies including overseas companies(*) for the purposes set out in Paragraph 3 of this statement. However, we will be responsible for (i) receiving and handling all primary complaints, (ii) decisions on disclosing, correcting and stopping the use of personal information; and (iii) security measures.
* Our affiliated companies include: Morgan Stanley (a US corporation), the consolidated subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley and the Affiliated Companies of Morgan Stanley or its consolidated subsidiaries. “Affiliated Companies” means the affiliated companies as defined in the Ordinance on the Terminology, Forms and Preparation Methods of Financial Statements, etc (Ordinance of the Ministry of Finance No.59 of November 27, 1963) and other laws and regulations.
- We may outsource all or part of the handling of your personal data or specified personal information, etc. to third parties approved by us including overseas third parties in order to accomplish the purposes set out in Paragraphs 3 and 4 above. We will supervise any such outsourcing service provider as necessary to ensure the personal data and specified personal information, etc. is secure in accordance with applicable laws and guidelines.
- We will take any necessary and adequate security measures and exercise adequate supervision over all officers and employees and any outsourcing service providers to protect your personal data and specified personal information, etc. against leaks, loss or damage, etc.
- You may request disclosure of the personal information we hold on you, or request the amendment, removal or updating of such personal information by writing to the information desk at the address set out in Paragraph 10 below. After we obtain satisfactory evidence of your identity, we will seek to address your request in accordance with the applicable laws and guidelines.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding your personal data or this statement, you can contact the information helpdesk for Personal Information in the following ways:
Information Helpdesk for Personal Information - Morgan Stanley Capital K.K.
Otemachi Financial City South Tower
1-9-7 Otemachi, Chiyodaku, Tokyo 100-8109
Phone: (03) 6836-5200
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(excluding Saturday, Sunday, national holidays and year-end through new year holidays)
- This statement may be amended from time to time. At the time of any amendment, we will publish a revised statement in substitution for this webpage.
- In order to constantly monitor and, where necessary, improve our handling of your personal information we will periodically review this statement and security measures or any other associated activities related to personal data.